Home • Veterinary Services
Prairiehaven Animal Hospital in Sherman IL | Vet in North Springfield, IL
At Prairiehaven Animal Hospital, your pet will receive the best possible veterinary care available. We are different from other animal hospitals in the Sherman area for the following reasons:
- Wellness care for your pet, through annual or semi-annual physical exams, are important to catch diseases early and help alleviate serious health problems throughout your pet’s lifetime.
- We have a full diagnostic laboratory in the clinic including blood machines, and radiology, for the fastest answers regarding your pet's condition.
- We utilize the safest anesthesia protocols available when performing surgery or dental care for your pet.
We have all the services your pet will need throughout their lifetime:
- Pet Wellness Care: examinations, vaccinations, dental services, parasite control, nutritional counseling, and geriatric health care programs
- Pet Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, digital dental x-rays, tooth extractions and oral surgery.
- Diagnostic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide rapid diagnostic results to care for your pets' complete health care needs when they need it the most.
- Surgical Services: Our surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetic protocol available to provide that extra margin of safety for all pets. Using the most modern equipment, your pet’s vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- Radiology Services: Our on-site, x-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs to aid in the diagnosis of many disorders.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals flea, tick and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet.
- Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.